Cold tomato soup with Mozzarelline and basil
Level of difficulty: easy
Preparation time: around 25 minutes + 20 minutes of cooling time
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- 600 g ripe tomatoes
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 8 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 drops of Tabasco sauce
- Freshly ground pepper or cayenne pepper
- 12 Brimi Mozzarelline (7.5 g each)
- 12 small wooden skewers
- 1 tablespoon of basil, cut into strips, to serve
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, to serve
- Freshly ground pepper
Wash the tomatoes, remove the stalks and quarter. Season the tomatoes with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar and salt and puree in a blender. Pass the puree through a sieve. Add basil and the clove of garlic, and let stand for 20 minutes. Finally, in order to give a slightly spicy flavor, add the Tabasco sauce and pepper. Remove the garlic and basil. Pour the soup into glasses and serve with skewers of Mozzarelline, basil strips, olive oil and pepper.
- Serve with cubes of toasted bread or a baguette.
- Cold soup is a great idea for an alternative to traditional warm soup, especially on hot summer days.
- Instead of tomatoes, you can also use cucumbers or bell peppers.