Peppers with mozzarella and anchovies
Level of difficulty: easy*
Preparation time: around 35 minutes
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- 4 bell peppers (two red and two yellow)
- 300 g Brimi Mozzarella Block
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 anchovies in oil
- Chervil, as garnish
- Tasmanian pepper, as garnish
- 2 tablespoons of herbed oil, as garnish
Cut the peppers into four pieces, remove the stems and seeds, and wash. Cook the quartered peppers in a preheated oven until the skin becomes dark enough that you can remove it. Allow them to cool briefly, then peel and cut again lengthwise with a pairing knife. Cut the mozzarella lengthwise into eight equal pieces and season with salt and pepper. Lay the mozzarella atop the quartered pepper and roll up; garnish with anchovies, Tasmanian pepper, chervil and herbed oil before serving.
Cooking temperature for peppers: around 220 °C
Cooking time for peppers: about 10 minutes
- Zucchini and eggplant also work well in this recipe.
- Serve the roulades with a tomato salad, fennel or greens.