Spicy leek soup with Mozzarelline and olive skewers
Level of difficulty: easy
Preparation time: around 40 minutes
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- 30 ml olive oil
- 80 g onion, finely chopped
- 200 g leek, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 400 g very ripe grape tomatoes
- ½ ground peperoncino chili pepper
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 basil leaves
- 600 ml vegetable stock or water
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 100 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, for serve
- 4 skewers made with Brimi haymilk Mozzarelline and olives
- 1 tablespoon minced chervil, as garnish
Heat the olive oil in a suitable pan; add the onion, leek and garlic and sauté lightly. Wash the tomatoes, cut them in half and add them to the pan. Add the peperoncino chili pepper, rosemary sprig, basil and vegetable broth; season with salt and pepper, and allow to simmer over low heat. Puree in a blender and then pass through a fine sieve (to filter out the tomato skins) and add the cream. Pour the soup into bowls, add the mozzarella-and-olive skewers, sprinkle with chervil and serve.
Cooking time: about 20 minutes
- You can add boiled rice or toasted bread cubes into the soup.
- In place of fresh tomatoes, you can also use canned peeled tomatoes.