Radicchio risotto with mozzarella
Level of difficulty: easy
Preparation time: around 35 minutes
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- 200 g radicchio
- 50 g onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 100 ml red wine (Lagrein scuro or Merlot)
- 240 g round-grain rice (Arborio, Carnaroli or Vialone Nano)
- 1 liter of hot vegetable broth or hot water
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 30 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 200 g Brimi Mozzarella Bocconcini, cut into pieces
- Finely chopped parsley, to sprinkle over the dish
Trim the radicchio, rinse it, let soak in warm water for 5 minutes and then cut into strips. Peel the onion and garlic, and fry in oil. Add the radicchio and let soften, pour on the red wine and cook until the wine is almost completely evaporated. Add the rice and sprinkle on the vegetable stock, a little bit at a time; season with salt and pepper and let cook, stirring continually. Finish with a knob of cold butter and Parmesan cheese; add the mozzarella, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Cooking time: about 18 minutes
- You can also use chicken broth.
- To give the risotto a more delicate flavor, add port, liquid cream or whipped cream.