Spaghetti with creamed fava beans and smoked mozzarella
Level of difficulty: medium *
Preparation time: around 45 minutes
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
Creamed fava beans
- 500 g fava beans
- 50 ml of water, from cooking the beans
- 80 ml olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets
- ½ garlic clove, finely minced
- Dash of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 300 g spaghetti
- 2 peperoncini chili peppers, cut into quarters and sautéed for 2 minutes
- 150 g smoked Brimi Mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper, for serving
Creamed fava beans: Remove fava beans from their pods, and cook them in salted water. Drain and cool them under a stream of cold water. Remove the skins of the individual beans and set aside 100 grams. Put the rest in a blender together with the hot water, olive oil, anchovy fillets, garlic, lemon juice, basil and parsley; reduce the ingredients to a puree, season with salt and pepper.
To finish: Cook the spaghetti in salted water, drain, and add to the creamed beans. Add the beans that you had set aside and the peperoncini. If necessary, add a little bit of the cooking water and stir-fry briefly in a pan. Garnish with some creamed beans, smoked mozzarella and pepper.
Cooking time for beans: about 5 minutes
Cooking time for spaghetti: about 8 minutes
- You can smoke Brimi Mozzarella at home by putting it in a smoker oven for 5 minutes.
- Instead of smoked Brimi Mozzarella, you can use normal Brimi Mozzarella or ricotta cheese.
- Instead of fava beans, you can use broccoli or peas.
- You can also add stir-fried shrimp or sardines into the spaghetti.