Spicy penne with mozzarella
Level of difficulty: easy
Preparation time: around 30 minutes
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- 200 g eggplant
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 50 g spicy salami, cubed
- 300 g tomatoes, peeled and chopped into pieces or canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
For the pasta
- 320 g penne pasta, either whole wheat or white
- 200 g Brimi Mozzarella Block, diced
- 12 thin slices of salami, as garnish
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Peel the eggplant and cut into 5-mm cubes. Heat up the olive oil and minced garlic. Add in the eggplant, season with salt and stir-fry. Add the salami and tomato followed by the parsley, salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook the pasta al dente in plenty of boiling salted water, following the instructions on the package. Toss the pasta in the sauce, sprinkle with the diced mozzarella and parsley. Garnish with the slices of salami, and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Cooking time for sauce: about 8 minutes
Cooking time for pasta: follow instructions on the package (about 10 minutes)
- Add the diced Brimi Mozzarella only at the very end, just before serving.
- If the salami isn’t spicy enough for you, you can add chili pepper.
- Instead of penne, gnocchi sardi or orecchiette also work well.