Fillet of beef with roasted peppers and mozzarella
Level of difficulty: medium
Preparation time: between 1 and 1½ hours
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- 2 red peppers
- 4 fillets of beef, around 120 grams each
- 4 slices of Brimi Mozzarella Block
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 30 g butter
- 4 sage leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- Black pepper, added just before serving
- 4 tablespoons of veal sauce
- 300 g pommes frites
Roasted peppers: Wash the peppers and cook them in the oven still intact (including the leafstalk). Cover the peppers with aluminum foil, let cool, peel and remove the leafstalk. Quarter the peppers, season with a little salt and set aside.
Beef fillets: Remove any fatty or sinewy parts from the beef fillet; season with salt and pepper, and sauté briefly on both sides in a hot pan with cooking oil.
To finish: Cover the beef fillets with sage leaves, roasted peppers and slices of mozzarella and cook them in the oven. Season with pepper, and serve with veal sauce and pommes frites.
Cooking temperature for the peppers: around 180 °C
Cooking time for the peppers: about 15 minutes
Cooking temperature for the beef fillet: around 180 °C in the oven
Cooking time for the beef fillet: about 8 minutes
- Serve with rice, spinach or mashed potatoes on the side.
- Instead of beef fillet, you can use saddle of veal or turkey fillet.
- Instead of the roasted peppers, use grilled fennel or steamed chard.
- Tomato sauce also works in place of the veal sauce.