Mediterranean vegetables with mozzarella
Level of difficulty: easy
Preparation time: around 45 minutes
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- 200 g red and yellow peppers
- 100 g eggplant
- 100 g zucchini
- 100 g onions
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 30 ml olive oil
- ½ fresh peperoncino chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 sprig thyme
- 100 g white beans (cannellini), boiled
- 4x125 g Brimi Mozzarella Ball
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 40 ml olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
Trim, peel and dice the eggplant. Trim the peppers and zucchini, and cut into cubes. Peel the onions, cut into cubes and fry in the olive oil, together with the garlic. Add the peppers, eggplant and zucchini and let cook. Season with salt and thyme then add the beans, and cook briefly.
To finish: Cut the mozzarella into slices. Arrange the vegetables on a plate and lay the mozzarella slices and basil strips on top; season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Cooking time for vegetables: about 6 minutes
- You can also add diced tomatoes.
- The Mediterranean vegetables also work well with prosciutto, Speck ham, culatello or salami.
- You can use peas or lentils instead of white beans (cannellini).