Polenta with mozzarella and caper pesto
Level of difficulty: easy
Preparation time: around 45 minutes
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- ¼ l water
- ¼ l milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 120 g medium-grained polenta
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 40 g salted capers, rinsed
- 10 g anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely minced
- 40 ml olive oil
- 2x125 g Brimi Mozzarella Ball, sliced
- 12 sprigs of rosemary
Bring the water and milk to a boil in a saucepan, season with salt and add oil. Add the polenta slowly while stirring with a whisk to prevent lumps from forming. Continue stirring until the polenta solidifies; let it cook over low heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. The polenta should pull up from the bottom of the pot; finally, add the cold butter.
Caper pesto: Chop up the capers and anchovies, and mix with the parsley and olive oil.
To finish: Plate the polenta and add the mozzarella, caper pesto and rosemary.
Cooking time for polenta: about 30 minutes
- Pair the polenta with a green salad or a tomato-and-bean salad.
- Serve with prosciutto or salami.