Veal cutlet with mozzarella and anchovies
Level of difficulty: easy *
Preparation time: around 35 minutes
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- 4 veal cutlets, about 120 g each (small or large noce cut)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 40 ml of cooking oil
- 200 ml of diced tomato
- 125 g Brimi Mozzarella, diced
- 4 anchovy fillets
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 300 g mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons toasted bread cubes
- Oregano leaves, as garnish
- 4 tablespoons of sauce made with veal broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Pound the veal cutlets with a meat mallet. Salt and pepper, flour and cook on both sides in a pan with hot oil. Put some diced tomatoes, mozzarella and a half anchovy fillet onto each cutlet. Put them in the oven until the cheese melts. Remove the cutlets from the heat, serve on preheated plates or on a platter, and sprinkle with oregano.
To finish: With a spoon, add the mashed potatoes and sprinkle with the toasted bread cubes. Serve with a sauce made from veal broth and a few drops of olive oil.
Baking temperature: 200 °C
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- You can also serve the veal cutlets without the sauce made with veal broth.
- Instead of diced tomatoes, you can use tomato sauce.
- Another cooking option is to cover the pan, remove it from the stovetop and let the cutlets finish cooking.
- Accompany this dish with rice or tagliatelle noodles with butter.