Pizza with tomatoes, Mozzarelline and basil
Level of difficulty: medium
Preparation time: around 1 hour + 40 minutes for leavening
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- 140 ml warm water
- 25 g yeast (1 cube)
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 250 g flour
- 1 tablespoon
- 250 g tomato purée or canned tomatoes
- 200 g Brimi Mozzarella Block, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 250 g Brimi Mozzarella block classic or lactosefree
- 1 tablespoon basil, cut into strips
- 12 basil leaves
For the pan
- Olive oil, for greasing the pan
Dough: Put the water, yeast and sugar into a bowl and mix well. Add the flour, olive oil and salt and incorporate well. Finally, knead with a pasta machine or by hand on a floured surface. Let the dough rise, covered by a cloth and at a temperature of 35 °C, for about half an hour.
Pizza: Divide the dough into four parts, and knead each part by hand on a floured surface, making circular motions. Create a smooth ball and grease it with oil. Cover the dough and let it rise again for 20 minutes; then roll out with your hands. There must be crimping along the edge; inside, though, must be flat and smooth (use the rolling pin if you need to). Place the dough on a greased baking sheet. Add salt, pepper and oregano to the tomatoes. Sprinkle the sauce over the dough with a spoon, add the mozzarella cubes and finish off with olive oil. Place the pan on the bottom shelf of the oven (preheated) and bake. When it is finishing cooking, distribute the pieces of sliced mozzarella, sprinkle with basil leaves and serve.
Baking temperature: around 220 °C
Baking time: about 15 minutes
- You can also roll out the pizza right onto a square greased baking sheet and then add the toppings.
- Garnish with whatever you like. For example: prosciutto, spicy salami, mussels, seafood, shrimp, bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, leeks, Gorgonzola cheese, asparagus, mushrooms, chanterelles, porcini mushrooms, hard-boiled eggs, garlic, arugula, onion, etc.